Final Year Training / Clinical Rotation (Praktisches Jahr)
In Germany medical students have to complete a residency program (Praktisches Jahr) in their last year of study. The program is divided in three parts of 16 weeks each:
- Internal medicine
- General medicine or another clinical area of expertise
Focus of this training unit is the patient. Foreign students have the option to complete a clinical rotation at Heidelberg University Medical Center. Please follow the instructions below for an application:
- Apply at least 6 months in advance.
- German language skills are mandatory for your acceptance. German at B2 (UniCert Level 2) is required.
- Application form and further information.
- Respective contact: Ms. Susanne Nützenadel