Institute for Medical Informatics
The importance of informatics for medicine is continuously increasing due to digitalization. The field of medical informatics is as diverse as the issues in medicine and ranges from basic research to research with patient data and the development of digital therapy support systems.
The scientific focus of the institute is structured patient data
- ...for medical information systems and data models
- ...for patient participation in research and care
- ...for the Medical Data Integration Center (MeDIC)
- ...for Digital Health in Research and Care
- ...for Structured Acquisition and Transformation of Biomedical Data
- ...for image-based diagnosis and therapy support
We are happy to advise you on medical informatics issues for your projects.
Within the framework of teaching, the Institute participates in the following curricula:
- Course of studies in Human Medicine at the University of Heidelberg
- Bachelor and Master program in Medical Informatics at the University of Heidelberg / Heilbronn University of Applied Sciences
- Master program Informatica Medica in Santiago de Chile
- Further qualification for medical specialist 'Medical Informatics'
Please note our current announcements for positions at the Institute of Medical Informatics.