Health Data Management
Health Care has changed considerably in the last decades. Patient mobility and high specialisation in the medical professions led to a high degree of cooperative are. Patient data are recorded in different locations from different persons. To provide them in the right form to the right persons at their institution data are increasingly exchanged by electronic media (health telematics = eHealth).
The research group develops and validates methods, tools and IT infrastructures for efficient health data management. The aim is to support competent decisions of physicians, patients, and medical research and to enable a multiple use of data. Current focus of the research group are archetype based information systems and the application fields clinical and biomedical research as well as Ambient Assisted Living.
Contacting person for this research field is Prof. Dr. Petra Knaup.
Current projects in this research focus:
- CLIOMMICS - Clinically-applicable, omics-based assessment of survival, side effects, and targets in multiple myeloma
- EURenOmics-PD - Multicenter phenotype database for rare kidney diseases
- Construction of the Lung Cancer Phenotype Database (LCPD) for the German Center for Lung Research (DZL)
- Multiple Myeloma Registry (myReg) of Heidelberg University Hospital
- Rheumatism-Registry for the collection of course of disease in collaboration
- Added Value for Oral Care (ADVOCATE)