apl. Prof. Dr. Katharina Kubatzky
Dept. of Medical Microbiology and Hygiene Im Neuenheimer Feld 324 69120 Heidelberg Germany
Phone +49 6221 56 38361
Fax +49 6221 56 33794
Students are welcome for practical courses, as well as Bachelor and Master thesis projects!
Our research interest
We are interested in mechanisms of bacterial immune evasion and the function of Rho GTPases and cytokine receptors in the innate immune system.
Model Systems and techniques
- Primary murine osteoclasts
- Primary murine macrophages, mast cells and cell lines
- Viability and Apoptosis studies, Western Blotting, RT-PCR
- Protein purification and Pulldown Assays
- Confocal laser scanning microscopy and FACS
- Frontiers in Bacterial Exotoxins: how bacteria fight the immune system
- IJMS Special Issue "Signalling: From Past to Future“ (2019)