PH-ELIM: Enhancement of study programs in Public Health, Health Management, Health Economics and Health Informatics in Montenegro
Coordinator (University of Heidelberg): Prof. Dr. Petra Knaup-Gregori
- Donja Gorica University, Podgorica, Montenegro (Projektkoordinator)
- University of Athens, Greece
- University of Debrecen, Hungary
- University of Health Sciences, Medical Informatics and Technology (UMIT), Austria
- University of Montenegro
- University Mediterranean, Montenegro
- Institute of Modern Technology, Montenegro
- Institute of Public Health, Montenegro
- Ministry of Health, Montenegro
- Ministry of Education, Montenegro
Funding: Erasmus Plus, Förderkennzeichen: 573997-EPP-1-2016-1-ME-EPPKA2-CBHE-JP
Project goal is to enhance the educational system in Montenegro according to EU best practices, to enable the training of professionals in the public health sector.
For this purpose, professionals shall be trained to be highly qualified in order to support the nation in creating a sustainable and flexible health care system. Aspired secondary effects are to improve the quality of health and to protect the citizens with a cost-effective and uncomplicated approach against health threats.
- Enhancement and modernization of curricula and programs in public health fields (public health law, health management and economics, health informatics, medicine) at different levels in educational system in ME (from undergraduate to PhD level).
- Enhancement of the level of competencies and skills of staff members from Montenegro’s ‚Public Health‘-Institutions by sharing evidence-based public health teaching models of innovation and good practice.
- Creation of new learning and teaching approaches in public health through developing a National Platform for Education and Research in Public Health, ICT enhanced evidence-based learning and teaching materials, etc.
- Strengthening internationalization of Montenegro's public health institutions.
Medical Informatics Heidelberg:
We contribute with many years of international experience and expertise to all areas of the project, with special focus on the area of medical informatics. We are also responsible for work package 2 - Human Capacity Building in Public Health Education in Montenegro.
More details are available at the PH-ELIM website: http://ph-elim.net/
Staff: M. Seitz