Prerequisites necessary for your clinical activities as a Guest Fellow/guest physician/scholar at the Department of Urology, University of Heidelberg
- Copies of:
i. birth certificate
ii. marriage certificate (if applicable)
iii. medical course certificates
iv. board certification
v. acceptance of the medical thesis
vi. curriculum vitae
translated into German language and officially approved by the German Embassy in your home country.
- Copy of your passport certified by the German Embassy of your home country.
- Medical certificate showing that you are healthy. This certificate must be issued by a doctor from the German Embassy of your home country.
- A statement of you that you want to return to your home country after completion of your job here in Germany.
- Certificate issued by the police of your home country stating that you haven't broken any law including a translation into German language officially approved by the German Embassy of your home country.
- Permit to stay in Germany (visa) issued by the German Embassy of your home country.
- Statement in your passport/visa that you are allowed to work in Germany as a guest physician. This statement can be issued by the German Embassy of your home country (Statement in German language: Visum zum Zwecke der ärztlichen Hospitation/ärztlichen Fortbildung or Visum als ärztlicher Stipendiat zum Zwecke der Fortbildung/Facharztweiterbildung).
- To help you to obtain the documents listed under # 5. and 6. we will issue a letter to the German Embassy in your home country. Please provide us with the contact details of the German embassy of your home country (name of the person who should receive our letter, address of the German embassy in your home country, phone and fax number, e-mail address)
- Permit to work in Germany as a physician. For this permit you must apply at the Regierungspräsidium in Stuttgart before your arrival at Heidelberg. The contact person is Frau Holzwarth. We will manage this application for you provided that we have received all documents listed above.
- General work permit to work in Germany issued by the Arbeitsamt at Heidelberg or the Zentralstelle für Arbeitsvermittlung (ZAV) at Bonn. This general work permit will be regulated for you by our administration, after your work permit as a physician has been approved by the Regierungspräsidium in Stuttgart.
The two work permits listed as # 9. and 10. are essential to start your training at our department and must have been issued before your arrival in Germany.
- Certificate concerning your financial support during your stay at Heidelberg showing that you will receive a monthly scholarship from the government of your home country or any other official institution (e.g. University, DAAD, WHO) in original and copy translated into German language and officially certified by the German Embassy of your home country.
- Certificate from your home university/clinic stating the purpose of your visit to the Department of Urology at Heidelberg and specifying the scientific field in which you wish to enlarge your knowledge (e.g. surgical techniques of continent urinary diversion), translated into German language and officially approved by the German embassy of your home country.
Concerning accommodation, we can offer you to make a reservation for a room in one of our guest houses - provided that rooms will be available at the time of your planned stay at Heidelberg. The expenses are approximately € 340 per months. The costs of living will amount to approximately € 770, - per month.
For any further information and/or assistance please do not hesitate to contact our office at the Department of Urology (tel. 0049-6221-566321).