Dr. Marcin Golec
Visiting Researcher at the Digital Global Health Working Group
Marcin Golec is a medical doctor focused on medical informatics and health economics. Previously, Dr Golec worked as a researcher and clinician, among other: at the Pasteur Institute in Paris (Unit of Mycobacterial Genetics), Medical University in Vienna (Clinical Department of Pulmonary Medicine), Jagiellonian University Medical College in Krakow (Institute of Public Health) and Institute of Rural Health in Lublin (Head of the Unit of Fibroproliferative Diseases). Dr Golec was a principal investigator in a number of research projects, including the large scale EU FP-7 RESOLVE project: Resolve Chronic Inflammation and Achieve Healthy Ageing by Understanding Non-regenerative Repair. His research was awarded by the American College of Chest Physicians (Young Investigator Award, Winner, ACCP, Salt Lake City, USA, 2006). Dr Golec is co-author of 35 research articles in peer reviewed journals, Hypersensitivity Pneumonitis Ontology (OWL) noted in Bioportal and one patent (inhalation chamber).
PhD, with distinction, Institute of Rural Health in Lublin, Poland MD, Medical University in Lublin, Poland
Biomedical Informatics Graduate Certificate, Stanford University, USA MSc, with merit, in Health Economics and Management, London School of Economics, UK
1. Lemieszek MK, Sawa-Wejksza K, Golec M, Dutkiewicz J, Zwoliński J, Milanowski J (2021). Beneficial impact of cathelicidin on hypersensitivity pneumonitis treatment. PLoS ONE; 16(5):e0251237. DOI: 10.1371/journal.pone.0251237.
2. Lemieszek MK, Rzeski W, Golec M, Mackiewicz B, Zwoliński J, Dutkiewicz J, Milanowski J (2020). Pantoea agglomerans chronic exposure induces epithelial-mesenchymal transition in human lung epithelial cells and mice lungs. Ecotoxicology and Environmental Safety; 194:110416. DOI: 10.1016/j.ecoenv.2020.110416.
3. Golec M, Wielscher M, Lemieszek MK, Vierlinger K, Skórska C, Huetter S, Sitkowska J, Mackiewicz B, Góra-Florek A, Ziesche R, Yanai H, Fraifeld VE, Milanowski J, Dutkiewicz J (2017). Middle age enhances expression of innate immunity genes in a female mouse model of pulmonary fibrosis. Biogerontology; 18(2):253-262. DOI: 10.1007/s10522-017-9678-8.
4. Golec M, Skórska C, Mackiewicz B, Dutkiewicz J, Góra A, Lemieszek M, Milanowski J (2014). Relationship between COPD and lower socioeconomic status in farmers from South-Eastern Poland (Lublin region). Rural and Remote Health; 14: 2531.
5. Lemieszek MK, Chilosi M, Golec M, Skórska C, Dinnyes A, Mashayekhi K, Vierlinger K, Huaux F, Wielscher M, Hofner M, Yakoub Y, Pastena C, Daniele I, Cholewa G, Sitkowska J, Lisowska W, Zwoliński J, Milanowski J, Mackiewicz B, Góra-Florek A, Ziesche R, Dutkiewicz J (2013). Age influence on hypersensitivity pneumonitis induced in mice by exposure to Pantoea agglomerans. Inhalation Toxicology; 25(11):640-50. DOI: 10.3109/08958378.2013.827284.
6. Ziesche R, Golec M, Samaha E (2013). The RESOLVE concept: approaching pathophysiology of fibroproliferative disease in aged individuals. Biogerontology; 14(6): 679-85. DOI: 10.1007/s10522-013-9453-4.
7. Golec M, Reichel C, Lemieszek M, Mackiewicz B, Buczkowski J, Sitkowska J, Skòrska C, Dutkiewicz J, Milanowski J, Ziesche R (2012). Cathelicidin LL-37 in bronchoalveolar lavage and epithelial lining fluids from COPD patients and healthy individuals. Journal of Biological Regulators and Homeostatic Agents; 26(4):617-25.
8. Golec M, Lambers C, Hofbauer E, Geleff S, Bankier A, Czerny M, Ziesche R (2008). Assessment of gene transcription demonstrates connection with the clinical course of idiopathic interstitial pneumonia. Respiration; 76(3):261-9. DOI: 10.1159/000137511.
9. Golec M, Skórska C, Lemieszek M, Dutkiewicz J (2009). A novel inhalation challenge set to study animal model of allergic alveolitis. Annals of Agricultural and Environmental Medicine; 16(1):173-5.