Center for Innovative Care (ZIV)
Funding: Ministry of Science, Research and the Arts Baden Württemberg MWK Locations: University Hospitals Mannheim, Ulm, Freiburg, Heidelberg & Tübingen Budget Heidelberg: 1.611.695,90€ Duration: 2018-2021, extension starting 2022
- Establishment of a center for innovative care at all university hospitals in Baden-Württemberg and networking of the sites.
- Development, technical integration and implementation of digital solutions for patient participation in prevention, treatment and follow-up (e.g. mobile access to PEPA via the phellow app)
- Use of collected data (patient-reported outcomes, health data) in research to achieve a better understanding of diseases and to develop new therapy and prevention concepts
Studies by IMI
- The use of smartwatches in patients with cardiomyopathy: enabling self-monitoring and smartphone-assisted collection of relevant vital and quality-of-life data
- Evaluation of the phellow app: investigating the user-friendliness of an app for therapy support in the field of gynecological oncology (ENABLE). Link to detailed project description.
- Quantitative survey on the use of AI in German hospitals.